NB42 | 200 PCU Diesel-Electric Ro-Ro Car & Passenger Ferry
Basto Electric, the ferry with the largest battery capacity in the world by the time of its completion, was delivered to BastoFosen on December 7th, 2020. Project is designed by Norwegian Ship Design.
With its capacity of 200 cars and 600 passengers, Basto Electric will start its operation in early 2021, in Norway’s busiest route of Mass-Horten. After Basto Electric starts operating, environmental footprint of the route will be markedly reduced, thanks to its 4000 kWh battery system and charging power up to 9000 kW. In case of a failure of electric power, the vessel also has diesel generators with enough capacity to operate.
- Lenght Overall:142,9 meters
- Beam Moulded:20,7 meters
- Draught Scantling:5 meters
- Capacity:200 PCU / 600 PAX
- Class:Det Norske Veritas
- Main Propulsion Engines:4 x QSK50 1200 kWe @1500 rpm
- Main Propulsion Thruster:2 x Kongsberg AZP100 L-CP