Pioneering in shipbuilding industry with its operations, Sefine Denizcilik Tersanecilik Turizm Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. ("Sefine Shipyard"), has put institutional sustainability in the center. With this approach, Sefine Shipyard adopts strategies to support sustainable development, and acts with the awareness of its responsibility towards society and the environment in the areas where it operates.
Accordingly, Sefine Shipyard aims to carry out its operations within the framework of the following principles:
- To act in accordance with the relevant local and international legislation in its operations,
- To perform an approach that takes United Nations Sustainable Development Goals into account in the direction of its sustainability strategy and operations,
- To carry out its works in accordance with the ethical business principles and within the framework of corporate management principles,
- To manage environmental impacts due to its operations in the most effective way, and in this accordance, to take precautions related to protecting biodiversity and natural resources,
- To act with awareness of the risks brought by climate change,
- To act with business processes and policies that care about human rights, occupational health and safety with the understanding of providing a safe and decent work environment, to announce its approach to its stakeholders with the "Human Rights Policy", to convey this understanding to its employees and supply chain,
- To adopt technologies and applications that support energy and source productivity,
- To follow R&D and development approach based on innovation,
- To carry out its operations within the framework of the approach of supporting local communities and regional development in the countries where it operates,
- To pay regard to the expectations of the stakeholders, to give importance to stakeholder participate, and to care for forming long term relationships with the stakeholders,
- To continue to support the society and sustainable development through social responsibility projects,
- To follow the sustainability approach in supply chain with "Supply Chain Policy",
- To support sectoral sustainability practices in line with the partnerships and initiatives of which it is a member,
- This policy is checked periodically in line with the requirements and updated when deemed necessary. The Sustainability Committee is responsible for updating the policy. The policy entered into force on 01.06.2021 with the approval of the Board.